We just recently welcomed a brand new son into our family and will be taking some time over the next weeks to enjoy this time together. All of your inquiries will be answered within one business week. Thank you for your understanding and patience during this precious time in our lives.
Ahhh.. this wedding. I get a little dreamy-eyed every time I think about it. Sprawling fields, ancient trees, a beautiful breeze, long white fences.. quintessentially North Carolina if I do say so myself. And Meredith and Tim.. what an incredibly beautiful couple who love each other immensely. That, along with an incredible group of people who put their heart and soul into this wedding and couple, made for a perfect wedding day equation.
What I want you to pay attention to most is Tim.. and the way he embraces Mere all day, relishing in his bride’s beauty and heart. It made my heart full and reminded me of how beautiful the start of a new marriage is. We did run into rain on their day, and it was handled by everyone with flexibility and smiles.. and an even more poignant lesson came after the storm. Sun. And one of the most memorable sunsets I have ever witnessed. To watch Meredith and Tim soak in every moment of that gorgeous pink sky and each other.. well, you know that’s why I do what I do.
- Destination: Adaumont Farm, Trinity, North Carolina
- Wedding Planner EXTRAORDINAIRE: Martha Stillwell
- Officiant: Sean Brown
- Florist: Joy Klaff
- Cake Artist: Cake and All Things Yummy
- Bride’s Dress: Vera Wang
- Bridesmaid’s Dresses: David’s Bridal
- Caterer: Sweet Basil’s Catering
- Hair Artist: Janelle Young
- DJ: DJ Collin Y
- Dessert Table: Karen Ray
- Second Photographer: Vanessa L Photography
There is a certain tangible energy that surrounds a wedding day. I love feeling it time and time again, wedding after wedding after wedding. Lauren and Joe’s day in Charleston, South Carolina teemed with it.. a quiet energy in the morning as preparations were made, a building excitement as we photographed and visited the reception site at Boone Hall Plantation, and an overflowing amount of joy as these two made promises to each other in front of dear family and friends and said “I do..” This joyful energy carried through the afternoon, into the evening, into the night, and without a doubt will carry Joe and Lauren through their marriage.
It is a beautiful thing to witness this excitement and joy that propels two people forward into a union that is lasting and so meaningful. And for me, at this particular wedding that joy was palpable.
Congratulations Lauren and Joe.. Congratulations on the joy you have found together, and the joy you have found in your community and your marriage. And thank you for the reminder that it is truly what life is all about. Here is their wedding story:
- Destination: Charleston, South Carolina
- Ceremony: Trinity United Methodist Church
- Reception: Boone Hall Plantation
- Officiant: Jeff Hawkins, bride’s father
- Florist: Lauren Luecke
- Cake Artist: Grammy Sue (!!)
- Bride’s Dress: Tara Keely
- Bride’s Shoes: J. Crew
- Bridesmaid’s Dresses: Adrianna Papell
- Caterer: Islands Catering
- Hair Artist: Krystal Yangco
- DJ: Pinnacle Light & Sound
- Second Photographer: Vanessa L Photography
This wedding reminds me each and every day of what is important. To feel. To emote. To trust. To embrace. To love. This wedding reminds me each and every day that a full heart and a bright smile is truly the way to live and to love. This wedding reminds me each and every day that working with care and with your whole heart is the only way to work and that when all of this comes together, joy happens. True, unadulterated joy. It gives me chills just to think about it.
Liz & Jesse were so present. They knew what mattered on this day.. each and every person was important to them. They were important to each other and each moment was embraced and lived and loved. It’s the stuff photographer’s dreams are made of. That, and this beautiful island, 700 miles away from North Carolina created the most memorable wedding weekend of my career. Liz and Jesse.. thank you. Thank you for your joy. I adore you both and send the warmest and richest wishes for happiness for an incredible life together. You two are so special.
This wedding was published in the December 2013/January 2014 issue of Coastal Living Magazine. On sale now.
- Destination: Block Island, Rhode Island
- Ceremony: St. Andrew’s Catholic Church, Block Island
- Reception: Rose Farm Inn, Block Island
- Wedding Coordinator: Blissful Events
- Crystal & China: Waterford Crystal
- Florist: La Belle Rose
- Cake Artist: Block Island Gourmet
- Bride’s Dress: Amsale
- Bride’s Shoes: Jimmy Choo
- Groom’s Suit: Frank Stella
- Groom’s Tie: Coren Moore for Vineyard Vines
- Bridesmaid’s Dresses: Donna Morgan
- Caterer: Block Island Gourmet
- Hair Artist: Studio B Salon
- Band: Flipside Boston
- Second Photographer: Michelle Lyerly