There is a certain tangible energy that surrounds a wedding day. I love feeling it time and time again, wedding after wedding after wedding. Lauren and Joe’s day in Charleston, South Carolina teemed with it.. a quiet energy in the morning as preparations were made, a building excitement as we photographed and visited the reception site at Boone Hall Plantation, and an overflowing amount of joy as these two made promises to each other in front of dear family and friends and said “I do..” This joyful energy carried through the afternoon, into the evening, into the night, and without a doubt will carry Joe and Lauren through their marriage.
It is a beautiful thing to witness this excitement and joy that propels two people forward into a union that is lasting and so meaningful. And for me, at this particular wedding that joy was palpable.
Congratulations Lauren and Joe.. Congratulations on the joy you have found together, and the joy you have found in your community and your marriage. And thank you for the reminder that it is truly what life is all about. Here is their wedding story:
- Destination: Charleston, South Carolina
- Ceremony: Trinity United Methodist Church
- Reception: Boone Hall Plantation
- Officiant: Jeff Hawkins, bride’s father
- Florist: Lauren Luecke
- Cake Artist: Grammy Sue (!!)
- Bride’s Dress: Tara Keely
- Bride’s Shoes: J. Crew
- Bridesmaid’s Dresses: Adrianna Papell
- Caterer: Islands Catering
- Hair Artist: Krystal Yangco
- DJ: Pinnacle Light & Sound
- Second Photographer: Vanessa L Photography